Online Postnatal Course
Understanding Your Baby
This course gives you information about your baby’s brain development and your baby’s physical and emotional development. It shows how important your relationship with your baby is for your baby’s development.
It integrates the traditional information given on a postnatal course with this new approach to developing your relationship with your baby. It looks at your baby’s sleeping, feeding, crying, playing and childcare options.
The course has content you can trust. It was developed by Health Visitors working with health professionals in the Solihull Approach team.
- If you cannot access a postnatal group, this course is a good alternative
- If you are on a postnatal group and your partner can’t attend, this course is a good alternative for your partner
- It means that everyone around the baby can do this course
- There are 11 modules
- There are interactive activities, quizzes and video clips
- It works on mobiles, tablets, Pcs, Macs, ipads and laptops
- Costs just £21
This course is best viewed with an up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 11 (external link) or Google Chrome (link).
You have permanent access to the course – even if it gets updated or improved.
- Module 1 Understanding feelings: both yours and your baby’s
- Module 2 Understanding your baby’s brain
- Module 3 Understanding your baby’s crying
- Module 4 How to respond to crying
- Module 5 Understanding your baby’s rhythms
- Module 6 Developing healthy sleep patterns
- Module 7 Understanding your baby’s feeding
- Module 8 Who’s the Daddy now? – I’m the Daddy!
- Module 9 Understanding your baby’s development and play
- Module 10 Understanding your baby’s childcare
- Module 11 Congratulations