Online Antenatal Course
Understanding pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
This antenatal online course gives you practical information about pregnancy and birth, whilst at the same time introducing you to your baby.
It explains how and why you are so important to this baby, whether you are the mother, father, partner, grandparent or birth partner. It integrates the traditional information given on an antenatal course with a new approach to starting your relationship with your baby before your baby even makes an appearance!
The course has content you can trust. It was developed by Registered Midwives working with health professionals in the Solihull Approach team. It has the same content as the Solihull Approach face to face antenatal course, which has the same name ‘Understanding pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby. This means that if one of you goes on the face to face course and the other does the online course you will cover the same material.
- If you cannot access an antenatal group, this course is a good alternative
- If you are on an antenatal group and your partner can’t attend, this course is a good alternative for your partner
- It means that everyone around the birth of this baby can do this course
- There are 9 modules
- There are interactive activities, quizzes and video clips
- It works on mobiles, tablets, Pcs, Macs, ipads and laptops
- Costs just £19
This course is best viewed with an up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 11 (external link) or Google Chrome (link).
You have permanent access to the course – even if it gets updated or improved.
- Module 1 Welcome!
- Module 2 Helping you and your baby through pregnancy and birth
- Module 3 Getting to know your baby in the womb
- Module 4 You, your baby and the stages of labour
- Module 5 Helping you and your baby through labour and birth
- Module 6 Feeding your baby
- Module 7 Who’s the Daddy now? – I’m the Daddy!
- Module 8 After your baby is born
- Module 9 Congratulations